In order to train you must
Comply with the Bujinkan guidelines below
Be aged 18 or over
Register with the dojo
Agree to the legal conditions below
You can wear some old loose clothes (eg a T-shirt and some shorts or tracksuit trousers) to get started
At the moment we are asking members to do lateral flow covid test before coming to class. This allows everyone to relax and enjoy the training
Most students buy a Karate, Judo or BJJ gi as this allows us to grapple with jackets and trousers. Any colour is fine, most people prefer black
Registering with the Dojo
We ask that you register with us before coming to train
This costs £10
Your first class is free so this effectively pays for your first class in advance
1. The Bujinkan shall be open to only those who agree with and uphold the guidelines of the Bujinkan Dojo. Those not doing so shall not be allowed to join. Specifically: Only those who have read and agreed with these guidelines shall be allowed to participate.
2. Only those able to exercise true patience, self-control, and dedication shall be allowed to participate. A physician's examination report shall be required. Specifically, individuals with mental illness, drug addiction, or mental instability shall be barred from joining. The necessity of such a report concerns individuals who may present a danger to others, for example, those with infectious diseases or illnesses, individuals with clinically abnormal personalities or physiology, and individuals lacking self-control.
3. Individuals with criminal records shall be turned away. Trouble makers, those who commit crimes, and those living in Japan who break domestic laws shall be turned away.
4. Those not upholding the guidelines of the Bujinkan, either as practitioners or as members of society, by committing disgraceful or reproachable acts shall be expelled. Until now, the Bujinkan was open to large numbers of people who came to Japan. Among them, unfortunately, were those committing violent drunken acts, the mentally ill, and trouble makers who thought only of themselves and failed to see how their actions might adversely affect others. Through their actions, such people were discarding the traditional righteous heart of the Bujinkan. From this day forward, all such people shall be expelled.
5. Regarding accidents occurring during training (both inside and outside the dojo), one should not cause trouble to the Bujinkan. This is an extremely important point. Those unwilling to take personal responsibility for accidents occurring during Bujinkan training shall not be admitted. Reiterating for clarity, the Bujinkan shall not take responsibility for any accidents happening in the course of training, regardless of the location.
6. All those joining the Bujinkan must get an annual membership card. This card not only preserves the honor of the Bujinkan members, it indicates you are part of a larger whole--one whose members come together with warrior hearts to better themselves through training and friendship. It evinces the glory of warrior virtue, and embodies both loyalty and brotherly love.
7. The tradition of the Bujinkan recognizes nature and the universality of all human life, and is aware of that which flows naturally between the two parts:
•"The secret principle of Taijutsu is to know the foundations of peace.
•To study is the path to the immovable heart (fudoshin)."
Recently, the Bujinkan has become truly international. Just as there are various time zones, so exist various taboos among the world's peoples and nations. We must respect each other, striving to avoid such taboos. We must put the heart of the warrior first, working together for self-improvement and for the betterment of the Bujinkan.
Those not upholding the above-mentioned guidelines shall be forced out of the Bujinkan.
Masaaki Hatsumi - Soke
Before participating in any classes or practicing activities related to the martial art, you should have a certified adult martial arts instructor present, consult with a parent or guardian, consult your physician, ensure that you have appropriate and valid insurance and agree to be of legal age and competent to act and use responsibly. You should be aware that if you practice or study any martial arts or self defence indirectly or directly related to Bujinkan training, you are doing so entirely at your own risk which includes: any past, present or future physical, medical or psychological pain or injury whatsoever that you may incur or receive. When training you may receive pain and injury.
By viewing or participating in the martial art or practising or viewing any of the material associated with it, it is agreed by you, in full, that the club, its instructors and its members are released of any and all liability, nor does the club, its instructors and its members assume any third party liability arising out of any legal actions you may be involved in as a result of the training you receive by engaging, participating or learning the martial art or any third party related to same.
The club, its instructors and its members cannot be responsible for any instructors, clubs or groups' claims, instructional strategies, materials, training methods, or consequences that may arise by studying or purchasing their materials and can make no recommendations as to the quality or legal nature of their instructional programs or information presented.
By training with the club, its instructors and its members, viewing any educational material or any similar communications from the club, its instructors and its members you agree not to misuse any materials shown and forever release the club, its instructors and its members, but not limited to, from now until the end of time should any loss or injury occur to yourself or any other party
You also agree in full that self defence is to be used as a last resort, only to protect your life or another from being seriously injured or possibly killed. If you do not understand this legal notice and disclaimer releasing the club, its instructors and its members of "Any" and "All" liabilities, than you agree in full to contact the club secretary and/or instructors via www.bujinkanlondon.org or in person at a class for any questions or issues you may want clarified or resolved prior to training or viewing any of the materials provided to you. If you fail to do so, and any law suit occurs from you or any other party, you agree to pay "All" of the club, its instructors or any of its members legal fees in full to include any other lawsuits directed against you or any other party brought by the club, its instructors or its members